Ford Mondeo - Rejecting a used car under consumer act 2015 - CJB2016

Hi there,

Does anyone know what sort of thing constitutes a 'fault' with a used car which means it can be rejected under the new consumer act? Can it only be a major mechanical fault? It is very difficult to find out online.

We bought a 2010 Mondeo last week from a dealer which seemed in good condition but when my husband went to fill the screen wash up he realised the airbox is broken and practically hanging out and a major part of it is missing meaning it's not working at all. He works for a recovery company so asked 4 separate mechanics to have a look and within a few seconds they all said it has been in an accident (Hpi was clear) - there are gaps in all the panels round the bonnet, lights, bumper is loose and cracked underneath, new radiator fitted, drivers door misaligned, power steering fluid is leaking and there are footprints on the inside of the bonnet. Apparently it will need putting on a jig to sort out the bodywork.

Obviously we've lost all confidence in this car being safe / safely repaired and whether any damage has been done to the engine from an airbox that isn't working.

The car is supposed to have gone through two checks by the garage before sale plus mot last week and all 4 mechanics have said that while an untrained eye might have missed this, there is no way a mechanic wouldn't spot it.

Sorry that was long! But my question is, is this enough to reject the car - possibly by misleading omission? As in they must've known when they sold it?

It is back there now but just waiting to hear what they have to say.

Ford Mondeo - Rejecting a used car under consumer act 2015 - NARU

I don't think anyone's tested the new laws in court yet.

Ford Mondeo - Rejecting a used car under consumer act 2015 - Bromptonaut

Try working through this:

www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/buying-or-repai.../

Let us know where you get to.

Ford Mondeo - Rejecting a used car under consumer act 2015 - Dwight Van Driver

These are your rights at law:

www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2015/15/contents/enac...d

briefly from Which

www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consume...w

Quickly I would recommend a quick word with Trading Standards and they may well guide you forward.

dvd

Ford Mondeo - Rejecting a used car under consumer act 2015 - oldroverboy.

Stop using it NOW!

Take it back NOW!

Write rejecting the vehicle saying why, give a copy and send a copy Royal Mail Special Delivery and keep the postage slip the post office give you.

Ask for a refund, saying you prefer not to go down the legal route...

Was it declared cat C or D Insurance companies might have it on a register,

but do all of the above now... Today.