Nissan X-Trail 07 2.2 diesel engine YD22DDTi/2.2 - Strange knock and miss when started from cold - big gar

Nissan x trail has slight miss on cold start and knocks on accelaration knock disapears after 15 to 20 miles at first I thought it was a small end but now I'm thinking it maybe somwhere on the fuel / injectors dose not smoke or use excessive oil nor over heat or lose water. There are no warning lights.

Edited by big gar on 14/01/2016 at 12:19

Nissan X-Trail 07 2.2 diesel engine YD22DDTi/2.2 - Strange knock and miss when started from cold - Falkirk Bairn

I had an xtrail new (T30) 2007 till 2012 - rattled like a bag of spanners when cold.

Much quieter when run on Shell Vpower diesel - mpg was marginally better but the silence made it worth the 8p per litre.

Nissan X-Trail 07 2.2 diesel engine YD22DDTi/2.2 - Strange knock and miss when started from cold - focussed

That sounds very much like a slightly stuck open ie leaking, hosing or dribbling injector. Before getting too involved I would run the tank low until the reserve light is on and wack a bottle of injector cleaner into the the fuel tank-Millers is about the best I have used in the past if you can find it. Run it like that for 20 miles or so and then top up with decent diesel like V-power.

Nissan X-Trail 07 2.2 diesel engine YD22DDTi/2.2 - Strange knock and miss when started from cold - Peter.N.

I would also think injector trouble.

Nissan X-Trail 07 2.2 diesel engine YD22DDTi/2.2 - Strange knock and miss when started from cold - xtrailman

T30 Xtrail will fine on supermarket fuel.

Rattling like a bag of spanners while cold is normal for that engine, but it did have a few issues. I would post on the xtrail uk forum.

http://www.x-trail-uk.co.uk/