VW GOLF 5dr mk 4/IV - Shuddery Brakes - vw golf mk 4 - Tmack
Abouy a year ago my brakes felt juddery, like the discs or pads had worn right down. I had them replaced but it's happening again and obviously the pads and discs aren't worn down.

Car had tracking done which was minimal

You can basically feel the rotation of the brakes as you press down n the pedal. Not sure if this is something Im imagining but it feels stronger when in gear as opposed to neutral where it feels slightly smoother

Any idea what's causing this? A mate has suggested its cheap discs that are wearing down unevenly but surely within a year this wouldn't be happening again?
VW GOLF 5dr mk 4/IV - Shuddery Brakes - vw golf mk 4 - Peter D

The discs may have worn or warped/distorted. You need to get them checked out. Regards Peter

VW GOLF 5dr mk 4/IV - Shuddery Brakes - vw golf mk 4 - Tmack

Thanks yeah I did assume this would be the reason but can't understand what's causing it to happen, car was motd January.

In short what would cause them to wear down unevenly?
VW GOLF 5dr mk 4/IV - Shuddery Brakes - vw golf mk 4 - galileo

Keeping a foot on the brake after a hard stop (e.g. at the end of a slip road off a motorway where there are traffic lights) is reputed to cause uneven cooling of the hot disc and possible warping.

This may only occur with lesser quality discs.

VW GOLF 5dr mk 4/IV - Shuddery Brakes - vw golf mk 4 - Cyd

Sounds very much like warped discs. Judder shouldn't be caused by wear alone.

Corrosion pitting can cause uneven temperatures and warping, though it's usually overheating due to excessively heavy braking.

Warped discs wouldn't show up on a MoT, usually.