Nissan Micra Tempest 1.0 - Nissan Micra slow fuel filling boredom ! - Nismicbiker

Tempest isn't a really appropriate name for a 1 litre Micra ! But I assume the makers decided that Micra owners have all the time in the world and that's why the Fuel Filler tube is so narrow and has a sprung trapdoor in the top, that it blows back when you fill up.

This causes the fuel delivery into the tank to slow to the rate of about 20 seconds per litre.

You stand there squeezing the nozzle trigger and if you try to hurry it up by as much as an egg cup full extra per second it blows back and triggers a stop-the-flow event.

When I want to fill up with 20 litres (4 gallons or more) I have to stand there like a lemon for about four minutes which is annoying in the extreme. Is there no adapter that can funnel the fuel in faster without spilling?

Has this problem been discussed before? I've not found it in the Archives.

It seems that the filler neck is too narrow to let the air out as the fuel pumps in, so it builds up a back-pressure that stops the flow to avoid dangerous spillage. If other small cars can have wider necks for the nozzle then why not these? Bit of a puzzler.

Anyone got any outside the box ideas on this?

--

Nismicbiker