Peugeot 206 - Strange problem - smspencer

Hi, just wondered if anyone can shed some light on a weird problem. I've asked everyone everywhere and no-one can help.

Whenever I open either of the front doors all the other doors lock by themselves. Then, when I close the door they all reopen. It happens when the door opens to a certain point - it triggers all the doors to lock. It's annoying because when they lock the interior light also goes out, so it means I can't have the use of the light coming on when I get out of the car.

Anyone know? It's driving me mad!

:-/ Can anyone help?

Peugeot 206 - Strange problem - elekie&a/c doctor

The only fault I can think of that would case this problem is broken or shorted wiring in the door shut.Where the wiring runs from the pillar to the door.hth

Hmm, Peugeot suggested that when I spoke to them, but I don't think it's that because it does it with both the drivers door and the passengers door, and it does it at the exact same point of the door opening :-/

Peugeot 206 - Strange problem - Collos25

It would not matter which door you opened if the interior light circuit was shorting onto the doorlock circiut.

And that would cause the doors to all lock? So I need to look at the wiring on both the door pillars?

Peugeot 206 - Strange problem - injection doc

French wiring is a law unto itself ! door looms are common as are interior light faults and the interior delay relay.

Find a good sparky.

just thought about the fact with both doors at the same point, could be loom related but could be a very lazy door motor fighting with the others . watch the door buttons and boot lock when you unlock and lock, if one is lazy and runs behind the rest I would look at that first and make sure its all lubricated in the mechaism and solonoid

Edited by injection doc on 06/12/2012 at 18:52