BMW 320D automatic - Extended warranty - docajac

I wish to get an extended warranty for 5 year old 320 D auto.

I could only find 3 of them FSA approved-WARRANTYDIRECT;GOCARWARRANTY;WARRANTYWORKS.

Any suggestions?

Warrantyworks categorically says wear and tear is not included as its a Weasel Trick used by others for not paying up.

Please advise

Thanks

BMW 320D automatic - Extended warranty - gordonbennet

Thats easy, put the premiums in an interest paying account instead, every single item that fails will be 5 years plus old, therefore subject to wear and tear.

Invest the money saved in top class maintenance, which is the best warranty money can buy.

BMW 320D automatic - Extended warranty - RT

Extended warranty on a 5-year old car will have so many exclusions implied by "fair wear and tear" that it'll be very poor value - it won't insure you against the increased risk of running an "older" car.

As above, save the premiums against bills you'd have to pay for as exclusions anyway.

BMW 320D automatic - Extended warranty - oldroverboy.

Save your money, read all the horror stories...But is it your car or one you are buying, read the bm forums to see what can go wrong......

Edited by oldroverboy. on 12/11/2012 at 20:29

BMW 320D automatic - Extended warranty - docajac

Its my own car which I bought when 3 yr old.Had BMW warranty for 3rd-4th year and took Warranty Direct for 4th-5th year.As you've mentioned,on renewal for 5th-6th year, they have exclusions(especiallly cats), increased the premium and was thinking of not taking it.

I think thats the general consensus.

Thanx buddies