What to expect when I go to court? - dd2112
I was wondering if anyone can help me to put my mind at rest. In May of this year I went to court after totting up 12 points on my licence. I managed to get away without getting a disqualification by pleading special circumstances and got a £250 fine. Then yesterday I was stopped for a very dubious reason and was told that my licence had been revoked since 2010. I was in my work van which was seized and I have subsequently been charged with driving not in accordance with my licence and no insurance even though it was a work van which was fully insured. I had not received any notification of the revocation so I called the DVLA and they told me that it was because I had not sent my licence to get the points put on it. I had no knowledge of this because they were sending the mail to my old address even though I had changed my old address to my new one online. The thing that is puzzling me most is that the last two offences that got me to 12 points was jumping a red light and talking on my phone and in both those instances I was not told that my licence had been revoked. I was also not told when I went to court so how was I supposed to know that I was not supposed to be driving. Can anyone advise in what punishment that I should expect to get for this as I am fearing a ban and I will probably lose my job because of it.
What to expect when I go to court? - Dwight Van Driver

iN 2010 it looks as if your committed an offence involving endorsement of your Licence.

The Licence wasn't surrendered to the Court for points to be pyut on the Licence. The Court have told DSVLA of the points and that Liucence not surrendered. DVLA will say they wrote to your address and tolkd you if Licence not surfrendered in 28 days then Licence would be revoked.

If further offences committed after 2010 leading to more points etc then there seems to be a penis erectile in the system. To remove the revocation you need to re-apply for your Licence. Suggest you also enclose all facts in written letter to DVLA.

Can only suggest that this may well be mitigation if a summons is issued.

dvd