Hoda CRV - Exhaust fitting - sydnreg
I have been told by the garage who fitted my exhaust that it wasn't fitted badly, just that the rubber sling had probably come off when I went over a bump.
As a result of this sling not being attached, the tail pipe burnt a hole in the rear bumper, and they are not willing to replace the bumper.
Is it possible that this sling can 'just come off'?
Hoda CRV - Exhaust fitting - madf
Is it possible that this sling can 'just come off'?

Only if it was misfitted.

So tell them they are trying tto confuse a simple car owner and no doubt the SMall Claims Court will see it differently..

Is it possible to 'just come off'?

I have said that I will take them to the small claims court. And have photos of the 'just come off' sling.
I need to have some 'professional' back up. How can I get this? My usual garage who noticed it, has written a letter, but the 'bad' garage won't accept that they fitted it badly.
Hoda CRV - Exhaust fitting - focussed

Write a letter to the garage that screwed it up, giving them, say,14 days, to sort it out or you will issue a small claims court claim-send it registered post, don't bother with the telephone or face to face, get it all in writing.

Remind them that you will claim for the court costs and all reasonable expenses on top as well. If they don't respond or refuse to fix it get another garage to sort it and issue a small claims court claim for the cost to the original garage.

Small claims
The trouble is, I am NOT worried about the money, I REALLY want to prove that the garage is talking ROT, and extract an apology.
Their Customer service is non-existent, and they are incredibly rude, treating me as a moron.
I NEED PROOF that they are wrong.
Who/where will give me this?
I thought honest John would be a good start
Hoda CRV - Exhaust fitting - gordonbennet

I'd be worried about the money, i doubt a CRV rear bumper is a tuppeny h'apenny item.

You've had good suggestions above how to sort this out, you can't argue with idiots they'll always drag you down to their level, much better to have a judge explain to them the facts of life, they won't be rude to him/her unless they're really stupid..

Thank you
They have offered to pay for the exhaust, but I HAVE put in a claim to the courts for all the repairs, my time etc.
I hope that the judge has a better idea than they do about exhaust fitting.
I was looking for any back up info to give to the court
Hoda CRV - Exhaust fitting - focussed

You don't need back-up info "to give to the court". Just write it all down in plain language, don't try to sound like a lawyer, keep it brief, tell the truth, enclose as much written proof as you have, don't waffle. I would bet that the garage will settle before the court case as soon as they realise that you know what you are doing and are serious about the claim.