I scratched a car - TeeSpoone

Hi,

I scratched somebody's car today.

I left my phone number and my first name and insurance company name. I have got the first name of the scratched car's driver and her tel. number.

I just offered to cover payment for scratch repair. I do not know what the price will be but I am thinking what should I do ?

If the price is low than I am going to cover it but if it will be high than I am going to solve this through my basic car insurance. Is it right ?

It is a small scratch and I have got the pictures.

What would you do in this situation ?

Edited by Avant on 04/10/2012 at 00:23

I schratched a car - veryoldbear

You can never tell. One person will look at a scratch and say "Hey, it's just a scratch" another person will foam at the mouth and scream and demand that the whole panel has to be replaced.

Taking pictures was a good move,

I schratched a car - 72 dudes

Agreed.

Bear in mind if you do go through your insurance, your premium will rise next year, unless you have a protected No Claims Bonus.

As veryoldbear says, it depends on the other party. She may welcome a quick fix of you offering to pay for the scratch repair. If it's more than a scratch, if there's any dent involved, then she may insist on a full bodyshop repair.

Last year I had a 17 year old back into my car at Sainsbury's. He really didn't want to ruin his insurance rating, so I got two quotes for the repair, he paid the for the lower one (£160). Both parties were happy.

At the risk of sounding condescending, well done for doing the right thing and leaving your details on the other car.

I schratched a car - Butterfly
My 17 year old son did the same thing to a visiting dignitary in the school car park. She was furious and threatened all sorts but it really was a minor scratch and her husband later called to say send us £20 for a bottle of T Cut and I'll sort it. Son sent a bouquet of flowers as well and everyone was happy!
I schratched a car - Armitage Shanks {p}

Having Proteted No-Claims only protects the %age figure. I doesn't prevent your premium being put up a lot, because of the accident, before the discount is applied, a Lose/Lose situation is possible.

Sorry to be really crass but every time I see this thread title I can't help but sing "and I liked it" !
I schratched a car - tony g
(Sorry to be really crass but every time I see this thread title I can't help but sing "and I liked it" )

Please explain ,what's the point of this post and what does it mean.
As I said, a crass comment but I'm referring to the pop song "I kissed a girl and I liked it". No relevance what so ever but just put it down to my warped sense of humour!
I schratched a car - thunderbird
As I said, a crass comment but I'm referring to the pop song "I kissed a girl and I liked it". No relevance what so ever but just put it down to my warped sense of humour!

Suggest you give yourself up at the first available opportunity, they will be looking for you.