Peugeot 306 - Peugeot 306 - No Spark - LRS3

Hi, I bought a 1999 Peugeot 306 1.4 as a non runner, with a suspected ECU fault. A new ECU had been put on the car, the crank sensor changed but the car still wouldn't start. The old ECU has been put back on the car.

It turns over, I believe it to be getting fuel, but it doesn't smell flooded, you can hear the fuel pump when the ignition is switched on. I decided to check the coil pack, and didn't find a spark, so I bought another, still no spark. The crank sensor has been replaced so I'm assuming that it's fine. When the ignition is turned on, the radiator fan turns on, which doesn't seem right considering the engine isn't hot.

The car was driven home fine, parked, and wouldn't start the next morning. I'm completely at a loss of what to do, I don't know whether this is infact an ECU fault, or the immobiliser, or could it possibly be the ECU not recognising the key if it was dropped because the manual mentions each key having a specific code that needs to be recognised to be able to start.

Any help would be very appreciated.

Edited by LRS3 on 04/09/2012 at 16:53