Citroen C4 - Body Repairs - Montbel2010

I now can't find the thread, but thank you for whoever posted advice as to how get car repaired in lieu of write off. A burst lorry tyre had hit my car and the estimate was £1500, although I had asked for a private estimate, not insurance. So at that price, I went to Insurance, then later found that the accident was deemed "an act of God" as lorry inspection was good on maintenance and the driver hadn't been negligent. So I could not claim from lorry drivers insurance, and would have to take the liability. Two pieces of very good advice from this site. 1. Look at secondhand parts. I did and the total delivered would have been £329! 2. Took car to another bodyshop who said, you don't need any of those parts (first body shop said I neded complete new bumper, headlight and wing - this because some of the clips had been ripped off on impact.) I explained this to 2nd body shop. His analysis: You don't need any new parts, nothing is dented. You have lost the detachable part of the fog light grill., cost £23. I can make the clips if necessary. Total bill was £180!!! inc. VAT.