Any. - E bay - tony g
Hi ,
I occasionally sell cars I've taken in part exchange on e bay .Looking at potential buyers feedback ,there are lots of time wasters bidding on cars who don't appear to complete the purchase .

I'm wondering if any of these time wasters have ever been pursued through the courts for damages ,or to enforce the purchase .

Have any forum members come across a case involving e bay and what the outcome was .

Tony g
Any. - E bay - RT

Does the feedback differentiate between bidding but being outbid as against bidding/winning an item and failing to complete ?

Ebay is an auction so the former just shows lots of interest in the item and a better price for the seller which is good - I can understand the frustration caused to any seller by the latter.

Any. - E bay - skidpan

Sold about 40 items on e-bay over the past 4 years thus not a volume seller but I have had a couple of non paying winners. All e-bay will do is put a flag against them if you notify them, a few occurences and they will be struck off. Achives nothing, they just re-join with a different name.

If you took them to court what would be the point, they are probably just messers and don't have the money in the first place or any intention of completing the sale. You just have to accept there are a small percentage of idiots out there who will do their best to try and spoil things for genuine bidders.

You either have to relist or give the 2nd bidder the opportunity to have the item.

Any. - E bay - tony g
A major problem with e bay ,is that sellers are no longer able to leave clear negative feedback for buyers who fail to complete a transaction .

It's possible to leave negative comments ,but the e bay system registers the negative comment under a posative indicator .

A buyer I recently sold to , had 6 posative indicators on his account ,however on reading his details it showed that he had failed to complete on two of the transactions .

Sellers can cancel bids from time wasting bidders ,but it needs to be much clearer who the time wasters are .

Tony g