mondeo key programming - louiefigo2003
Hi all.
I have a 1993 k mondeo and none of my keys will work the alarm or double locking. I`ve been told my car won`t need a red master key as its an older model, my problem is how do I programme the keys I have to work the alarm.
mondeo key programming - kithmo
I had the same on my old 95 1.8 lx Mondeo when I first bought it, the used car dealer tried to tell me it didn't have an alarm fitted. Anyway the problem turned out to be the bonnet switch for the alarm/central locking which had broken and fallen through its mounting hole. This fooled the alarm/central locking into thinking the bonnet was open so it would not double lock and arm the alarm. The switch should be situated on the front panel on the drivers side just above the headlamp. If there is just a hole then it has fallen through (or may have fallen off). Failing this it could possibly be the door lock switch. Try locking it on the passenger side, if it works then replace the driver's side door switch.
mondeo key programming - cHEv
happened to my 94 L Mondeo as well, was a back door switch on mine though so remember to check the switches in all the doors and even the boot.
it wont alarm or double lock if any switches are not working properly.
cheers, cHEv