Omega water leak into front footwells - Geezer
I have recently acquired a V reg 2.5 V6 Omega and it appears to let rain water in to the front footwells (particularly the passenger side).
This only seems to occur when the car has been parked on a slope facing downwards - the water seems to collect somewhere in the engine compartment in front of the dashboard whilst the car is angled and then flows into the footwell (from behind the plastic fashia panel near to the door) when the car is driven level.

The water doesn't seem to leak in whilst the car is being driven and the leak also doesn't seem to occur when the car is parked on a level road.

Unfortunately my drive is sloped so this problem is happenning frequently at the moment.

Has anyone experienced the same or similar problems and does anyone have any solution?
Omega water leak into front footwells - robert
Suggest you look for blockages in the plastic covering over the wiper arms. On the drivers side there is a drain hole that can become blocked with leaves - overflow can cause the problem you describe.

On the passenger side there is a pullout for the pollen filter - remove the rubber sealing strip and a little plastic hinged strip will open up - next to the bonnet hinge and where the water pipe goes into the bonnet. Open it up - it may be full of water! All you have to do now is figure where the water has come from.

Have you had the windscreen replaced?
Omega water leak into front footwells - Cyd
Leaking screen? blocked sunroof drain tubes?
Omega water leak into front footwells - geoff C
See my reply in the following thread.

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=7306

If the drain is blocked solid the sump will fill to the point where the water enters the cabin. This sump drains away the rainwater which inevitably enters through the plastic air inlet grille below the n/s wiper.

Incidentally clearing out the decaying leaves completely eliminated the bad smell in my car.