renault clio mk2 - door mirror - inanimate

hi there does anyone know how to remove the mirror glass without breaking it on the above model i need to do this to change the outside temperature sensor mounted inside the mirror housing thanks

renault clio mk2 - door mirror - Fernando P

I know how to remove the glass but can I do so without breaking it - perhaps on a good day as this is a very delicately balanced operation! The mirror glass is clipped into its position. Tilt it fully downwards first and insert a (wide) steel ruler, paint scraper or equivalent between the centre of the glass and mirror housing to prise it out. If you can use 2 rulers etc from 2 sides of the mirror glass to spread the load more you will have a better chance of success. Suddenly, you will get a surprise and it will come out - that is if you have not broken the glass in the process! It can be done if you work at this carefully but positively. Put something soft underneath to catch it in case it springs out. Replacing it should be easy!

I know how to remove the glass but can I do so without breaking it - perhaps on a good day as this is a very delicately balanced operation! The mirror glass is clipped into its position. Tilt it fully downwards first and insert a (wide) steel ruler, paint scraper or equivalent between the centre of the glass and mirror housing to prise it out. If you can use 2 rulers etc from 2 sides of the mirror glass to spread the load more you will have a better chance of success. Suddenly, you will get a surprise and it will come out - that is if you have not broken the glass in the process! It can be done if you work at this carefully but positively. Put something soft underneath to catch it in case it springs out. Replacing it should be easy!

thanks for that fernando p will give it ago