Ford Mondeo TDCi. 2.0. 130bhp. 2006, 100k. - Interior air quality.... filters... - cosmicjazzer

I've just bought the above car. I'm pleased to say that apart from a dodgy egr valve, the car seems great! However, I have the curse of suffering from multiple chemical sensitivity, which means I am badly affected by... so many things including the insides of many cars. In fact I react to about 40% of cars... brand new ones are definitely out of the question because of the off-gassing and anything too old can often make me feel rough too.

Anyway, back to the Mondeo, I've found I am reacting a bit when inside this. It feels to me as if there's something ever so slightly sooty about the air. Also there's an ever so feint oily smell (I'm quite sure no one else would notice either of these btw... I'm really super sensitive!).

I have heard of pollen filters and cabin filters... Are these two words for the same part or are they two different types of filters? If the latter, does the Mondeo have both of these or, indeed, any other type of filter that could affect the air quality inside the vehicle? I want to try replacing anything that might help and need to know where to start! Thanks.

Ford Mondeo TDCi. 2.0. 130bhp. 2006, 100k. - Interior air quality.... filters... - cosmicjazzer

Ah! Through a bit of googling I've found that cabin and pollen filters are indeed one and the same! Apologies for my basic question - all this is no doubt very basic stuff for the experts who populate this site!

Ford Mondeo TDCi. 2.0. 130bhp. 2006, 100k. - Interior air quality.... filters... - MikeG74

You need BG Frigi Fresh sprayed directly into the pollen filter for 30 sec with the AC on then let it run for 10 min.