damaged tyre and wheel at BP forecourt - steve
Back in August I ripped a tyre and damaged an alloy wheel on a damaged dogbone island at a BP filling station. The staff at the filling station were excellent and led me to believe that BP would pay the bill. It has taken me nearly 4 months and 7 or 8 letters to get the cheque out of them (in full including in the end £100 for inconvenience) but the levels they appeared to be prepared to go to to avoid paying were astonishing. First they said that there was no damage to the island (there was sharp metal sticking up from it)then the island design was approved - then they accused me of speeding onto the forecourt. In the end they also got their loss adjusters invloved. The only way I got my money was to have taken pictures (before they repaired the island), got the name and address of an independent witness and sent them a small claims summons.
If anyone else has this sort of problem - be warned even the biggest companies will go to all sorts of lengths to avoid paying even if their staff have told you otherwise.
damaged tyre and wheel at BP forecourt - MR_PLUM
Nice one well done....

I have a sharp 28" wide screen telly and when I woke on Tuesday there were two huge cracks going from the bottom(feet)to the top on the front of the casing, one each side. I had to have a huge arguement with the service guy who came this morning as he said I had dropped it!!! Its a huge telly not a portable and Its never been off its stand since I got it in march.. Its always made cracking noises when cooling down but no I had dropped it and that was that...
I won... new telly on monday..

These big companys are sometimes just so untouchable.
damaged tyre and wheel at BP forecourt - Cyd
I carry an aging Kodak DC40 digital camera in the car, for just such an eventuallity. It's come in handy more than once (and not just for me). You could carry a cheap single use camera instead.