Seat Leon - Used purchase with intermittent issues! Pls help! - pete_6000

Hello everyone,

I recently bought a Seat Leon 04' plate 1.6 petrol.

I've had it for 2 months and I'm already having problems regardless of it's good service history. I've got one month left before the warranty runs out so I'm keen to iron these out, any help would be massively appreciated.

1st Issue.

The engine warning light comes on and off. Normally just for a day or two (every couple of weeks) but by the time I've booked the car in the light has gone out and no codes can be found in the EMS by the mechanic. I've taken the car back three times and on the last time they told me it was because the break lights had failed to come on and the 'temp sender' was playing up? Can that trigger the engine warning light? Having checked the break lights when the warning light is on they do sometimes fail to come on at all (i.e none of them), but not always? I'm stationary when testing, would that make a difference? Other than that I have no idea what could be triggering the light. The engine runs ok and there's no loss in performance?

2nd issue.

Sometimes the central locking fails to open the drivers' door and only the drivers door. Would it just need a bit of oil?

3rd issue.

When starting the engine, if I fail to turn the key for a fraction of a second long enough and have to try again (twist the key back to the original position and try again) the car then fails to start and sounds completely dry as if there's no fuel going to the engine. I have to wait a 3-5 minutes, try again and it starts no problem? But only if I have to try starting two times? This happens every 3-5 days?

I've taken the car back to mechanic a few times but because the problems are intermittent they won't do anything. If anyone could offer any ideas I would be very grateful!

Thank you in advance!

Pete

Seat Leon - Used purchase with intermittent issues! Pls help! - Ethan Edwards

I'd try rejecting it and walking away if I were you. We had a 1.6 Leon from new and found it way underpowered. Swapped it in for the 1.9 SE TDI ...deep joy.