Citroen Saxo - 2003 Saxo 1.5D does not want to budge. Part 2 - ads_uk

Hi,

Sorry to bother you all again - a little more progress from my previous post: www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=90361

Stuck an other batter on and it was turning over but didnt start.

So out came the Aerostart removed the air filter and YAY it started, but rev counter was going up and down like a yo-yo, and it didnt sound to cleaver (chasing)

Also it continuosly was smoking dark grey in colour and stunk to high heaven.

Now my father adjusted a little nut on the pump(?)

See: img863.imageshack.us/i/imag0024t.jpg

and the car seemed to be stable out when idle at 12.50

See: img263.imageshack.us/i/imag0023sr.jpg

Now that said, we left the car running for a good 50mins, and notice a lot of tiny bubbles going through the pipes, which made the car chase again, and yet still loads of smelly smoke.

Turned engine off, waited a few mins, turned key to start after about 10secs it finally started - it sounded like how it did before I used the aerostart. Again continuosly smoking.

Now this morning I've come to start it again, and Nothing its battery seems flat (although ive got a lot of spark off it - tapping it with a wire) and yet again it fails to start when turning over.

What is causing the bubbles? Whats causing the horrid smoke, and is the Idle set to high?

As i said before im not affraid of getting hands dirty to fix this. someone has said its the injectors - should i take them out and get them sent off to this guy on ebay:

tinyurl.com/3fwolhc

Or should i buy these:

tinyurl.com/4xnvvhz

Thanks in advance

Andi

Oh and there is a Quater of a tank of deisl in it.

Edited by ads_uk on 01/04/2011 at 15:02

Citroen Saxo - 2003 Saxo 1.5D does not want to budge. Part 2 - mickyh7

With respect-If you just muck about turning this and adjusting that, and using a guy off ebay,you'll only cover up the original problem and cause lots more !

Eat some humble pie (we all have to sometimes with modern cars) and take it to a good independent garage.

You really do have to plug them in to a computer these days for certain problems.

If you turn and twist things without good knowledge, you'll need a lot of money in reserve to renew sensors,pumps and even engines and if a light comes on because you've done something wrong,well there's another £50 just to get it switched off.

There are lots of things we can do to save a fair few quid.

But lots we cant and shouldn't ?

Ring around and get a decent quote,£300 is way too much,a good garage should be able to pinpoint your problem within an hour, for one hours labour charge.

There are some very knowledgeable people around,its just finding them that's hard !

Then its up to you who does the work !

Good Luck !

Edited by mickyh7 on 01/04/2011 at 22:20