Lexus 400h - Tow Bar - pluto

Has any one fitted a tow bar to a Lexus 400h. I always understood that because of the drive motors and battery it was not possible to do this but my Lexus dealer tells me that it is possible to do. Has any one fitted one and what did it cost, what is the 400h like to tow with as I have a 16 foot caravan. I usually pay about £400 to fit tow bars to my cars.

Lexus 400h - Tow Bar - Englishbullterrier

Might I suggest you call Phil Taylor Towbars for advice/prices ? They are a family run company and I have had probably 8 towbars fitted throughout the years.

Lovely people who I now consider friends and they'll give you any advice requested.

http://www.philtaylortowbars.webeden.co.uk/

.......ebt

Lexus 400h - Tow Bar - pluto

Hi, I am the person who wanted to know about fitting a tow bar to a lexus 400h. I have managed to buy one with a tow bar already fitted. I had quotes of up to £1,000 to fit one as it is a very specalist job because of the very different electrics on the hybred but it can be done. Don't let some one who has no experence of fitting tow bars to these cars touch it. A word of caution, I had a swan neck tow bar on my Merc 270 ML and it is not possible to adjust the height of the bar on swan neck tow bars so trailers may not sit level. My Lexus has a fixed bar with removal ball and I have had to fit a plate behind the ball to raise the towing height as the jockey wheel of my caravan grounded on uneven sites. the car is a great tow car however and with careful use I can get 25 MPG when towing.