Ford C-MAX - Tempreture - Bigtone

Hi

My wifes 1.6tdci o6reg c-max warms up fine with the gague reading at half way but when the blower fan is turned on the temp slowly drops to the quarter mark. Does any one know if this is normal?

Ford C-MAX - Tempreture - Peter.N.

If the weather is cold, yes, modern direct injection engines are very thermally efficient which means they don't generate as much heat as the earlier ones, so if you are only driving the car gently the heater is demanding more heat then the engine is producing, if you are driving fast it shouldn't be a problem.

Ford C-MAX - Tempreture - Collos25

Once the engine is warm it creates enough heat to keep the car at optimun running temp all the time whether its -2 or +30 and putting the heater fan on should not make the slightest difference.I suggest that the engine thermostat should be checked to start with and then the radiator fans.

Ford C-MAX - Tempreture - Collos25

Once the engine is warm it creates enough heat to keep the car at optimun running temp all the time whether its -2 or +30 and putting the heater fan on should not make the slightest difference.I suggest that the engine thermostat should be checked to start with and then the radiator fans.

Ford C-MAX - Tempreture - Bigtone

Thanks to you both. just been out in my octavia TDi and if heater set at medium setting temp gauge reads half way but if heater turned to hot and fan cranked up a few notches temp needle drops a bit. Would make sense that if cold outside heater can take heat away from engine.