Peugeot 306 1.6 petrol - Peugeot 306 blower problem. - serato

Hi having a problem with the blower fan on my 1994 1.6 Peugeot 306 not working, some unusual sypmtoms which may mean something to someone with more knowledge of car electrics than me.

I know for a fact the blower fan itself is working as it comes on intermittenly from time to time, today for some reason it came on twice when I was messing with the hot cold dial/switch next to the blower switch?

When the blower dial/switch in the dash is switched on the backlighting on the 3 heater control dials on the dash comes on, when the blower dial/switch is switched completely off the backlights go off.

When the backlights on these 3 dials/switches are on and the cars headlights are switched on the backlight switches off!

I've also noticed the of the 4 push in buttons for the fog lights front and rear, hazard lights, and rear window heater, only 2 of these now light when depressed, the hazard light switch and the rear window heater switch. Although I'm not sure if that is relevent to the blower problem.

Any help is much appreciated as I'm freezing! haha.

Peugeot 306 1.6 petrol - Peugeot 306 blower problem. - elekie&a/c doctor

I would think you have lost the earth circuit to the control panel.If I recall correctly,(haven't seen one of these for ages)there is a multi pin connector block that sits on the side of the heater box,just above clutch pedal .You may find one of the pin connectors burnt/overheated.Worth a look.hth

Peugeot 306 1.6 petrol - Peugeot 306 blower problem. - ma2mgt

hi, did this resolve your problem, i have a similar issue...