2000 Peugeot 306 HDI Meridian - Correct Alloy Wheel bolts - djmorton

I am trying to find the correct bolts for my Peugeot 306 HDI Meridian. The reason why is as follows:

I had my car serviced yesterday, all brakes and discs changed. Drove the car home and back to work this morning. On the drive to work I heard a knocking noise, one I knew, loose wheel nuts! Luckily I was literally at work so after arrving checked the wheel and found one bolt missing, and all remaining loose! So straight on the phone to the garage, they said bring it in. The garage is 0.5 mile away so tightened and checked all bolts on the car, the other wheels were fine. On the wheel with the missing bolt, two did up tight, but one just kept spinning.

So gently and slowly took and left car at garage and went to work.

On picking up the car I was informed that bolts on all my wheels are the wrong bolts and the threads are too short. They replaced the four on the loose wheel (as goodwill). The replacement bolts have much longer heads, but I've not looked at the threads yet as it's too dark tonight now. The original bolts have shorter heads with covers. The covers don't fit the new bolts

Now I can see three things that have could have happened

1. The garage didn't check the tightness on the bolts after putting the wheel back on, hence the loss and loosening of bolts

2. The replacement discs are thicker and therefore the bolts are now not long enough.

3. I've had the wrong length bolts on the car all along, despite it being serviced many times over the years and also having tyres changed. No one mentioned bolt length at any time before.

If it's 1 then the garage are just making excuses for their incompetance. If it's 2 & 3 then that is much more worrying as other wheels could easy come loose.

So I need to know the right ones to check the ones the garage have put on and that the ones I've got on already are right or not.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Dan