motorway closed - again.. - sheilap

Hi HJ. First time of posting after many years of avid reading! I've made several longish M1/M6/M40 motorway trips recently, and on each and every one of them the journey has been fouled up by a section of motorway being closed somewhere in the vicinity. From a trawl of your site and the ABD site I can see that this isn't new - but it seems to me to be happening more rather than less often, and it's surely not always because of a fatality/major public safety issue? Do I recall something about the 'criminalisation' of dnagerous driving and consequently a police incentive to gather evidence? Have there been successful prosecutions that would not have been possible without the evidence whose collection required the motorway to be closed?

motorway closed - again.. - Dutchie

It must be annoying to be held up regulary on the motorway and dont know the reason why.

Maybe somebody who reads this forum who is involved with closing down sections of the motorway could give you a answer.

motorway closed - again.. - foxmoth

It would be worthwhile to open website TRAVEL.NEWS@BBC.CO.UK if you have the facility, prior to making your journey. It is an, excellent up to date, traffic alerting site and allows you to pinpoint the area you are interested in and take action to avoid it if required.