Mitsubishi Colt 3-door - High Pitched Noise when Ignition is in ON position - cumbriacolt

I have just bought a 3 year old Colt CZ1 from a main Mitsubishi dealer. I noticed that there is a high pitched buzz /ringing when turning the ignition to the ON position - before starting the engine. The noise is also there when the engine is running. It's not loud - you only really notice when on tickover. I never noticed it during the test drive... Anyone else with a Mitsubishi Colt who could let me know if theirs is the same?

Mitsubishi Colt 3-door - High Pitched Noise when Ignition is in ON position - cumbriacolt
I have narrowed the problem down further - its coming from the centre dashboard LCD display panel. If anyone has any further comments...thanks
Mitsubishi Colt 3-door - High Pitched Noise when Ignition is in ON position - carl_a

Yeah they do that, but I image you're quite young to hear it !

The backlight electroincs for the screen produce a high frequency. They all do it but I don't notice it any more in my CZ1.

Strange as my Picasso has an LCD panel which is silent. So its not a fault...they all have it - can anyone else with a Colt CZ1 confirm if theirs has the noise?

Mitsubishi Colt 3-door - High Pitched Noise when Ignition is in ON position - rgolding

Strange as my Picasso has an LCD panel which is silent. So its not a fault...they all have it - can anyone else with a Colt CZ1 confirm if theirs has the noise?

I bought a Mitsubishi Colt CZ1 (06) two weeks ago and noticed almost immediately after collecting the car that there is a high pitched buzzing/ringing noise coming from the central display. Same conditions as described above - the ignition must be at least in the ON position. I can also hear it when driving though obviously it is drowned out by the engine noise past about 30mph.

Can anybody else verify if this is a fault with the car or if it is something I will have to learn to ignore? Many thanks!

reply - sgv g

Really nice.

========

Parking Sensors

Mitsubishi Colt 3-door - High Pitched Noise when Ignition is in ON position - George Lucas

The beep before ignition can be door or seatbelt. The random beeping during driving was hard to identify. In my case it was when the radio lost the signal of the station and tried to find another one.