Ford Fiesta 1996 1.25 - Tracking way out after suspension arm change - Roland T

Evening Folks,

Replaced N/S suspension arm again last week due to the usual bush debonding problem. I've replaced both sides several times now and the job went smoothly with no difficulties. Car passed its MOT a couple of days later.

I'd since noticed that the steering wheel was no longer straight ahead, not far off but decided to have it tracked. The fast fit centre found that the wheel alignement was so far out it was off their guage and did not want to touch it. Looking at the car now it appears toed out.

Their only comment was that there are two different suspension arms for that car, presumably one for the PAS model and one for the non PAS model, which is mine. I ordered the right part and offerered up the old to the new and they appeared identical, though I don't know how visually different the two parts are.

I wouldn't have thought there were many ways to go wrong on this job, the wheel alignement has barely changed when I've replaced the suspension arm before. I suppose it might have been out before but the tyre wear looks even and I would expect a gross error to wear the shoulder of the tyres very quickly.

I won't be able to have a good look 'till Sunday but would much appreciate any pointers you may have.

Thanks.