Nissan Navara - How to confirm seller is the owner.... - triumph2.5pi

Hi. I am interested in a vehicle that is being sold by a part time trader. The vehicle seems to stack up with all the history, HPI check and condition etc but for some reason I am slightly wary of the trader. How can I prove that he actually owns the vehicle and is entitled to sell it? Thanks. Mark

Nissan Navara - How to confirm seller is the owner.... - Armstrong Sid
If you aren't certain, don't do it. If your instinct is telling you there may be something dodgy about the trader, then avoid him and walk away. There are plenty more cars out there in the world to buy.

Otherwise you'll be back here in a few weeks asking for advice on how to deal with a car which you've bought but don't legally own.
Nissan Navara - How to confirm seller is the owner.... - jc2

Check V5 has HIS name and address and collect vehicle from THAT address.Check with DVLA that it is not a stolen V5.

Nissan Navara - How to confirm seller is the owner.... - Dutchie

If you are wary don't buy the car trust your gut feeling.

Nissan Navara - How to confirm seller is the owner.... - madf

No trader worth his salt puts his name on a V5.

Part time traders are simple: either trust them .. or not.

Any doubts: walk away.

And ALWAYS get your own HPI check.. not theirs.. YOURS.

Nissan Navara - How to confirm seller is the owner.... - Vitesse6

It's all down to peace of mind isn't it. You are probably spending a lot of money which you can't afford to lose, so in my opinion it's worth paying the bit extra to get it from a reputable dealer that will be there in a few months time if something goes awry.

The fact you are asking the question shows you have doubts, is the price differential worth the potential sleepless nights?