Fast fit experience - deere3350
Bought a car battery from a well known fast fit company just under 3 years ago. One month left on the guarantee. Battery struggled this morning. Got a jump start and took the car to get the battery checked.
Keen to make his first fifty quid of the day, the manager comes out, conversation as follows :

"How can I help you sir ?"
"I think I need a new battery - could you do a quick check for me ?"
"Certainly sir, just drive it in the middle bay and we'll get that checked for you"

Enter the technician : battery check carried out.

"Your battery is finished - you really need a new one" (NEVER !)

"I was hoping you would say that - here's the guarantee, there's a month left on it"

Justice.
Fast fit experience - Blue {P}
LOL :D

What was the look on their faces then?
I'm sure that goes without saying !! They were so p****d off that they decided to do an alternator check. Presumably looking for a get out clause. Whats the chances they would have checked the alternator if I was buying a new battery ?

It sure feels good to get one over on a fast fit outfit.
Fast fit experience - Dynamic Dave
But have they given you a new 3 year warranty on the new battery, or just the remaining month of the old one?

Had this happen with an backbox exhaust, was given a 2yr guarantee. 18 months into the deal and the mounting bracket sheared from the exhaust. Twice they brazed it back on, again only to break once more. They eventually replaced the backbox after much arguing by me, but they wouldn't honour a new 2 yr warranty. Too be honest, I got so fed up with the garage in question, that I thought if it failed again, I would take my custom elsewhere anyway. I sold the car before the bracket had chance to snap again - same make of exhaust was fitted with the same poor quality welding.
I got the remaining month of the warranty on the new battery. However, these batteries now come with a 4 year guarantee so if I get another 3 years out of it I wont have done too badly. I'll go elsewhere next time though. If I went back there again they'd try and con me big time.
Fast fit experience - Ian Cook
You shouldn't feel intimidated. When you bought the original battery they guaranteed that you would have a battery that was fit for purpose for a period of three years.

It did exactly what it said on the tin! I bet they had plenty that lasted well over the odds.

To them it's a numbers game. They will always set a guarantee period that ensures a very low level of replacment - and they will happily live with the results, or go out of business.

Ian Cook
Fast fit experience - The Watcher
Yeah in this situation, you are only entitled to the remaining period of the warranty not another 3 years. If however, you had bought a new one, then you would have got the full 3 or 4 year warranty whichever was appropriate.
Fast fit experience - madf
1. I bought new battery at Halfords 2 years 11 months before it failed. They gave me 100% credit on a new battery charged as a new sale with 3 year warranty:-)
2. Fast fit checking alternator before replacing battery? Standard practise with that chain (and quite right too - good practice). I have had mixed service from them but as My Audi A4 battery replacement was not the same size as the original, they carefully fitted one that did fit and made up a new bracket. It all took 30 mins. I was impressed with them.
madf
Fast fit experience - PB
A positive experience at Kwik Fit: I bought a repo Merc ML that urgently needed new rear brake pads. Another fast fit chain said new discs needed, I didn't agree (especially as they also said I needed new rear tyres soon which was nonsense). Kwik fit ordered and fitted pads, said the discs were safe and probably OK, but if I did have any vibe or shudder they would fit new discs at £70 and replace pads for free (lifetime guarantee their policy).

When it was serviced the Merc dealer somehow spotted non standard pads and said they have movement. Back to kwik fit who preordered in Merc o/e pads. Compared to mine they look identical (I checked). They fitted them anyway and they were better, so they left them on, no extra charge. At no point did I need to complain. Good service.
PB.
Fast fit experience - Galaxy
Some years ago I returned a battery to a Ford main dealer after 2 years and 360 days! After "testing" it and then claiming it was perfectly OK, when challenged that the test wasn't realistic as the returned battery wouldn't start the car, they then proceeded to give me a brand new battery from the display piled up in their spares shop.

It's true that I only got the remaining week as a warranty but who's worried.

That same battery is still going strong in my brothers Sierra four years later!