DUI & Endangerment? - melsywooh

Hi,

My ex called me to ask for advise in a panic. He told me he had been arrested for DUI and that he had drank 5 o

pints approx of fosters and went to drive home with his 9 year old daughter in the car. He lives aprox 6 miles from the place where he was drinking with his daughter He was then stoppped after 4 minutes of leaving the pub and blew possitive and was then arrested. He said there was another charge but I cannot understand what he meant, it had something to do with the "child" being in the car, I think there is two charges one of DUI and the other i am unsure of. He has been prosecuted for speeding 6 times in 6 years, no insurance and bald tyres.

What is most likely to happen? and what is the second charge regarding the child do you think?

DUI & Endangerment? - dieseldogg

Sounds very very much that he would be better off the road.

For everyone elses sake

with that list of transgressions, plus this is only the stuff he has been caught for.

No sympathy whatsoever.

cheers

M

DUI & Endangerment? - Rats

I would suggest lethal injection........it sounds like a ban won't make much difference to him!!

DUI & Endangerment? - Dynamic Dave

This has to be the wind up question of the week?

>> and what is the second charge regarding the child do you think?

Not being in an approved seat?

DUI & Endangerment? - LucyBC

The child is a minor for which he is responsible. He could also be charged with "Carrying a Passenger at Danger".

In order to ensure the stiffest sentence and to bring the circumstances of the case to the court's attention it is very likely that both charges would be prosecuted.

As both offences took place at the same time a conviction on the drink driving would mean an automatic ban but the court would take into account the other charge in the sentencing - both on the length of the ban and the fine awarded.