Honda Civic UK - poor headlights - mark.b

i have bought a 2000 Honda civic 5 door ,i have owned the car since the 1 feb 10 , i am becoming really frustrated regarding the amount of light i am getting on the road with the headlights, the car uses h4 bulbs which i have always thought inferior design wise , so far i have tried standard,nightbreaker,xenon blue and blue vision bulbs, the headlights are clean inside and out, power supplied to them is ok, earth's are good,did pick a cops brain at a christening i went to Sunday regarding hid , but he went into the legal side of things with me plus informing me they would invalidate my insurance

really need some advice as im getting seriously lighter in the wallet buying all these different bulbs, but really need to sort it as i do most of my driving at night , unlit motorway etc

Edited by mark.b on 25/03/2010 at 22:08

Honda Civic UK - poor headlights - kithmo

Have you had the horizontal alignment checked ?

I had a Mk3 Mondeo which had poor headlights and it turned out to be the horizontal alignment (side to side) both headlamps were pointing slightly outwards (boss-eyed), bringing them back in made staggering difference.