WIN: A mega bundle of Christmas prizes - worth more than £1000! Click here to enter | No thanks
Jaguar X-Type (2001 - 2009) - 05 2.0 Information on rear suspension noise  
05 2.0 Information on rear suspension noise - Geran1
I am not a regular on here but thought it worth sharing, I asked a question a couple of weeks back regarding rear suspension noise on my Jag X Type estate but got no reply, after a little research and a bit of hands on this is what I found.

Rear anti roll bar bushes have been updated/modified I had already replace mine as they were very noisy.

What stars of as an annoying squeak from the rear (and is tricky to pin down where it comes from) was a worn Arm Control part #C2S 50863 fitted to off side noise gone. 6 months later other side started to squeak so I ignored it and it eventually went away, but later turned to a knocking sound bought another Arm Control (even got 10% discount) approx £45.00 + vat with discount, fitted noise gone.

There is also a common problem when reversing and you touch the brakes, the noise is what you would describe as the pads sticking on (only heard when reversing) it turns out to be a bush in rear suspension arm part #C2S 46380 approx £4 not yet fitted them I will
confirm if it sorts the problem at a later date.

Hope this may be of help to any X Type owners the arms and anti roll bar bushes are very straight forward to swap.

Chris

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 13/02/2010 at 14:21

Tags: technical issues brakes unexplained noises wheels and tyres

05 2.0 Information on rear suspension noise - mike hannon
Thanks for taking the time to update with helpful info, even though you didn't get a response originally.
05 2.0 Information on rear suspension noise - Drewschen

This was a very useful post.

I purchased a 2004 X Type estate this year and have exactly this common problem you describe.

The garage I bought it off in Vienna (not a Jaguar dealer) couldn't figure out what the problem was. In fact on my car the noise was also audible when driving forward and making a right turn at the start but then that went away and it was only audible when reversing as you describe.

Last week I took it to Jaguar in Geneva and they described what it could be but that was without them taking a look at it properly.

I would be interested to know whether your 4 pound part did the trick as this might be the solution to my problem.

Thanks for the post.

Drew.

Join the discussion

Buying Advice

Honest John's Newsletter

Connect with Honest John

Facebook YouTube