Speeder gets away without current MoT - oldnotbold
A person well known to me was flashed by a mobile van doing 39 in a 40. They were sent the appropriate docs, and took up the offer to attend the course, all fine.

The owner/driver then had need to check the car's docs and found that the MoT had lapsed before the speeding incident, and had not been picked up by the authorities.

Is this odd? The car was insured, and roadworthy (passed the MoT with no advisories etc), so it was a relatively minor offence, but you'd have thought the process would have flagged the missing MoT?
Speeder gets away without current MoT - martint123
A person well known to me was flashed by a mobile van doing 39 in a 40.

Pardon? Minimum speed limits? ;)

I think the doc checks only really take place if stopped by plod and they are suspicious of something. The automatons at camera partnerships just want an easy life sending out NIPS.

Edited by martint123 on 02/02/2010 at 15:29

Speeder gets away without current MoT - oldnotbold
Edit - doh 39 in a 30...

"The automatons at camera partnerships just want an easy life sending out NIPS. "

So it would seem.

Edited by oldnotbold on 02/02/2010 at 15:38

Speeder gets away without current MoT - Fullchat
No MOT is non endorsable. It used to be just a written caution up to 4 weeks out of date providing there were no Con and Use offences alongside it.
Speeder gets away without current MoT - Simon
I bet the 'camera partnership' don't actually check anything. All they are interested in doing is sending the NIP to the registered keeper and gaining their conviction/statistic and £60 in the coffers to boot.
Speeder gets away without current MoT - martint123
All they are interested in doing is sending the NIP to the registered keeper and gaining
their conviction/statistic

They are probably the only ones with a near 100% conviction rate per "reported crime"

Edited by martint123 on 04/02/2010 at 11:19