How To Drive Native Copym

Agony Column 30 June

Deals Of The Week

Native Subscribe5

Mot Files

Cfs Native

Real Mpg Native

04 1.6 rear wiper arm replacement - kerbed enthusiasm
Last night the toerags struck! My car was one of the victims and the rear wiper arm was forcefully removed. I didn't think this would be too much of an issue and I have a replacement part on order. However upon removing the retaining nut I discovered that the wiper arm remains resolutely fixed to the spindle. I don't want to apply too much force as the spindle penetrates the rear screen. If anyone's encountered this problem before and found a solution I'd be grateful for your advice.

Tags: owning windscreen wipers new cars thanks hj

04 1.6 rear wiper arm replacement - elekie&a/c doctor
Yes,same problem with Corsa models.You can use a wiper arm puller tool but I find it quicker to run a hacksaw through the base of the arm at a tangent,as close as possible to the wiper spindle shaft.hth
04 1.6 rear wiper arm replacement - Marlinowner
Yes hacksaw method is best, being lazy and adventurous I use an angle grinder but don't let it slip!
04 1.6 rear wiper arm replacement - kerbed enthusiasm
Marvellous. I shall get busy with the hacksaw. I don't possess an angle grinder but even if I did my sense of adventure doesn't run quite that far! I'm certain that my enthusiasm would quickly overtake my skill.

Thanks for the help.

Edited by kerbed enthusiasm on 31/01/2010 at 10:30

04 1.6 rear wiper arm replacement - Victorbox
Proper puller example here www.avenue35.co.uk/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=17949

Join the discussion

Buying Advice

Honest John's Newsletter

Connect with Honest John

Facebook YouTube