condition check when returning a vehicle - concrete
Some advice would be appreciated. My daughter is changing jobs and will have to return her company car. She may take it back or they may collect, we don't know yet. Some months ago her colleague left and the company stopped £250 from her final payments to allow for any damage to the leased vehicle. This payment has not been returned and there seems to be a dispute arising about the situation. My daughter wishes to avoid a similar situation. She intends to have the car fully valeted inside and out and take photographs in the presence of the valet company and another witness so she would have some proof of condition in the event of a dispute. Is there anything else she can do? Is it legal for her company to deduct a sum of money arbitrarily from her final payments? Her employment contract does not mention anything about this. Apparantly her company are noted for not liking it when people leave them and are as awkward as possible. Any useful advice would be appreciated. Concrete.
condition check when returning a vehicle - Man without a plan
Assuming its a lease car...

Here is a link to the Ford website (hope this is allowed) and about half way down the page it says... "Click here to download the Ford Options end of contract guide."

If you have a look at that it should give you an idea of what is and isn't acceptable when returning a lease car.

Anything that "isn't acceptable", get it fixed yourself cheaply before they sting you for the repair at their rates.

Once you have that covered, I would just photograph it with a copy of that days newspaper in the photos so you can prove the date. IMHO I don't think a paid for valet is required as long as she gives it a clean herself inside and out.
condition check when returning a vehicle - Pugugly
Can you post the link ??

Rob - Mod.
condition check when returning a vehicle - Man without a plan
Whoops, sorry :)

www.ford.co.uk/cs/ContentServer?cid=1204903584841&...e
condition check when returning a vehicle - concrete
Thanks for the reply Man without a plan. I will check out various website for lease cars now, good idea. She always gets the car valeted about every 6 to 8 weeks and it is in excellent condition. Still wondering if it legal for them to deduct money at their discretion though. Concrete
condition check when returning a vehicle - TheOilBurner
Employers cannot deduct sums as they see fit from employees wages just as they feel like it, unless the contract specifically allows for this and it is a reasonable use of such a policy.

However, to clarify what is or isn't reasonable or whether or not the employer has the right in this case to make this deduction, means going to a tribunal, which obviously requires careful consideration.

Best seek legal advice before proceeding with anything, I would say.