Do insurers pass claims details on? - PST
Last summer whilst I was parked at our local hospital, the car in front reversed into me as he was about to leave.

We exchanged details and I had my car checked the following day but other than a small mark on the bumper it was fine and I was happy to leave it. The other guy had already contacted his insurers and they phoned me to tell me to take my car to one of their repairers but I just told them there was no damage and as far as I was concerned that was an end to the matter.

Yesterday - 6 months later, I got a call from an Indian call centre referring to my "collision" last year (he had the location too). Had I had the car repaired and did I realise how I was entitled to compensation for injuries and inconvenience! He was surprisingly insistent that it would be easy to claim for neck or back injuries.

Now, I realise that these ambulance chasing firms exist but surely they can only have got the details of this incident from the original chaps insurers. Why on earth would they want to encourage a claim against themselves by (presumably) selling the data? Or have I missed some obvious principle of business?
Do insurers pass claims details on? - AndyTheGreat
Insurance companies do share details of claims for anti fraud databases.

I wonder if these companies are accessing the anti fraud DBs to get peoples details?

Rather worrying if you ask me.
Do insurers pass claims details on? - bell boy
i had exactly the same call this week at work
i did a 1471 and it told me it was a skype phone using a local number to make it look local
the bad english and the fact i could here the ganges swishing in the background gave the location away
i told the caller to go get on his India Match and go multiply