99 2.0 Tyres worn from inside - LinuxGeek
I had all 4 tyres replaced on my car couple of months ago. Last night I took it back to the garage which replaced the tyres because car was quite jittery. They thought it was balancing so took off both tyres and passenger side tyre was almost bald from inside. So I got front tyres replaced.
I've noticed car has been making a strange noise every time I go over the hump and the sound comes from passenger side front tyre.
What you reckon the issue is? I asked the guy who replaced the tyres for me and he said it could be "bushes". I did a bit of googling last night and it could be ball joint? I don't have a clue. Please help because I want to sort this out ASAP, don't want these tyres to go soon either.
Wanted to bring Vectra to work this morning but car just won't move. It seemed as if the handbrake was on so I locked and unlocked handbrake few times but without any luck.
To top it all I forgot my badminton kit in Vectra because then I had to bring Mazda to work. I had a bad start to the day today. :(
99 2.0 Tyres worn from inside - Peter.N.
If both front tyres are worn on the inside edge the tracking wants adjusting, its toeing out to much.
99 2.0 Tyres worn from inside - LinuxGeek
Peter thanks for your quick response. It was actually just the passenger side front tyre that was really worn out from inside. The driver side was slightly more worn from inside than the rest of the tyre.
99 2.0 Tyres worn from inside - Dynamic Dave
I've previously only had one tyre wear if the tracking has been out.

Other than checking to see if you've got play in the wheel (worn track rod end for instance), then having the tracking checked would be the first thing I'd do.

I?m surprised the garage didn?t jump at the chance of offering to check the tracking.
99 2.0 Tyres worn from inside - piston power
Take it to another garage and get it checked the monkey who said bushes can't have much of a clue.
99 2.0 Tyres worn from inside - Peter.N.
It could be that the camber angle is wrong on the n/s wheel but that would normally affect the steering, the n/s tyre will always wear a little faster than the o/s.
99 2.0 Tyres worn from inside - keithd
My corsa had an MOT advisory stating that the NSF droplink had play in it and also the tyre was worn on its inner edge. I assume the droplink problem was the cause of the uneven tyre wear - the OSF tyre was fine.