04 1.2 White smoke - Beccalou
Over the last couple of days the car is blowing out white smoke even when up to temperature. Oil and water levels are fine. Is it safe to continue driving?
04 1.2 White smoke - CraigP
White smoke, if i remember right from what i've read, that's either water being evaporated out of the exhaust (done a lot of short journeys in this weather for condensation to build up in there?) or unburnt diesel gives white smoke too i think. Not totally sure on that last one!

If it is unburnt diesel, hopefully there's other symptoms, noises etc. imagine it'd be expensive so i hope its a petrol car you've got thats been doing short journeys :-)
04 1.2 White smoke - Peter.N.
Could just be condensation in these temperatures.
04 1.2 White smoke - TurboD
the burning of fossil fuel results in a lot of water vapour being given off- (have you ever ben in a room with a paraffin stove?)
I would not worry at all in these conditions- just make sure you are not using coolant.
04 1.2 White smoke - brumex1
unburnt diesel comes out as black smoke fyi
04 1.2 White smoke - Victorbox
If it's very white and doesn't smell of burnt anything then likely to be water vapour in this weather if as you say oil & water levels are OK.

Edited by Victorbox on 13/01/2010 at 16:58

04 1.2 White smoke - Peter.N.
Unburnt diesel only comes out as black smoke when the engine is under load, at tickover its blue/white.