The Wild West (in Cape Town) - Ian (Cape Town)
From our local paper: This happened opposite my office last night....
Commuters were horrified when a Tanzanian man was gunned down in the centre of Cape Town as people made their way home after work on Tuesday.
Police arrested a taxi driver from Democratic Republic of Congo in connection with the shooting of Mwene Lynda, 28, in Adderley Street near Cape Town station.
Captain Jacques Wiese said they also confiscated a pistol belonging to the driver and found four spent cartridges on the ground.
"They were always shouting at each other but their fight got to boiling point," said one commuter.
"We heard shots and minutes later a man was lying on his back with the blood pouring out."
Metro paramedics certified Lynda dead at the scene. He had a bullet wound in his head.

One of my co-workers was about 50 feet away when it happened. What wasn't reported was the angry mob jumping up and down on the Taxi (an old mercedes), kicking in the windows and throwing burning rubbish into it.
Was burning away quite nicely until the Fire Brigade arrived... I didn't realise they went up that quickly!
The Wild West (in Cape Town) - madf
I was in SA some 10 years ago.
It would appear not a lot has changed then:-(
The Wild West (in Cape Town) - Hurman
Ian

Did you manage to get any bits off the Merc before it went up?

The latest craze in the UK is to dump and burn out your old banger when it becomes uneconomically viable to run, rather than pay a scrap yard 50 quid to dispose of it.

I have an old Vauxhall Nova and rely on scrapyards to keep it going so if people continue to burn their cars out I will have to go to a main dealer for parts........aaagggggghhhhhhh..!!!

Liked your post about the fairer 5ex Ducatti rider trying to do a hill start. Vrrmmm vrrmmm.............clunk