03 1.1 Hazzard lights and speedo failing - Lushpop
Hi can you guys help? My son bought his 1st car just over 2 weeks ago (from a small local dealership) that has a 30 day warranty and we are getting problems with it. The hazzard lights come on from time to time and the speedo dies (stays at 0) too. As I said, its not happening all the time but happening enough since he bought the car to be a worry. The car was taken back to the place of purchase after 6 days and they said they could not find anything wrong on a diagnostics check they had someone do for them. They have reluctantly taken the car back for a second time today to see if they can see whats wrong. What can this fault be and what should they be looking for as they dont seem too happy to help us? My son almost had a crash cause another driver misread the hazard lights coming on as a signal to pull out in front of him, they had just came on and the guy pulled out. He has just passed his test and we dont want him getting points if he is out and the speedo dies again or worse. Also there is a very low vibration noise like a very low machine gun sound which they were also told about last week and has not been fixed. One of the wheel bearings had to be replaced on the car before we collected it after we flagged it on the roadtest and they re-motd it. We have also found out that the car was at the Citreon garage it originally came from at the end of October with the Hazzard lights and seatbelt warning lights coming on - they could not find the fault.

Please help if you can.