96 1.3 Heating issue - ratchet
Im having a problem with my mothers Fiesta Mk4. She told me there was no heating working and that the temperature gauge wasnt working.
I replaced the thermostat today and no joy plus indeed the temperature guage is off ie doesnt move at all.
There is enough water in the header tank and the engine seems to be working fine.

I am wondering if this could be the heater vavle or something else
I noticed that the heater dial is pretty loose ie non responsive plus also the interior fan doesnt work only on number 4. Likewise the radio doesnt work either so wondered if they were on the same circuit or some relay.

Any help appreciated

96 1.3 Heating issue - dave1973
hi, run the engine untill it is warm check the pipes that go to heater matrix you should see them going through the bulkhead behind the engine. feel these pipes with your hand they should both be the same temperature roughly if one is a lot colder than the other it would suggest that the heater matrix is blocked also locate the heater valve (either in engine compartment or next to heater unit behind dash) and operate the heater control and physicly look and see if valve is operating. as for the other stuff it could be a wiring fault or indeed the temp gauge could be faulty. the important thing is having heat.
96 1.3 Heating issue - bell boy
hi dave
good advice
just to add,the heater control valve is in front of the matrix under the bonnet in front of the windscreen
to get the fan to work on all speeds the resister is where your right foot hits the firewall if you were a passenger its a 10 second job to remove it to find its either burnt out or the cable to it has melted (one philips screw)
96 1.3 Heating issue - dave1973
Thanks bell boy i am new to this site i have a problem with my 05 voyager its nice to try and help where possible, dave.
96 1.3 Heating issue - ratchet
Great :)
many thanks for the advice
Ill try all these.
Best wishes