Swine flue precautions could affect breath test ? - henry k
A quote from another forum re an event in Finland

"A lady motorist was stopped, randomly breath tested, and gave a very high reading (4%).
The police officers felt she couldn't possibly be that drunk (no other signs) and an investigation was commenced.
It concluded that the breathalyser machine had been contaminated by the disinfectant, which we are currently urged to rub on our hands, used to contain pig flu."
Swine flue precautions could affect breath test ? - GroovyMucker
Unlikely, I should say. In our area the evidential test is the one in the police station, and what with changing the mouthpiece and the standardising test before and after I can't see it happening.
Swine flue precautions could affect breath test ? - Hamsafar
It doesn't sound plausible to me either.
Swine flue precautions could affect breath test ? - Westpig
don't forget there are 2 types of machine the police use

1, is the screening device, hand held, used on the street

2, is the evidential one, rather large, used in the police station

Any result from no. 1 is only ever used as an indicator, there's no evidential value in it. There are various checks and tests done to maintain the integrity of the 2nd one and every now and again the forms used with it are tweaked to ensure it's all done properly.

I don't know if the Finland screening ones give a read out (as opposed to a traffic light system used here).
Swine flue precautions could affect breath test ? - Fullchat
All individual mouthpieces for either machine come out of a sealed plastic bag and for obvious reasons its unnecessary to touch any part that will come into contact with the mouth of the person providing the sample.
Swine flue precautions could affect breath test ? - ijws15
Had she just had a drink???