Cycling nippers pulled - Lud
As I left the money machine just now, a shirtless boy of about 12 or 14 ran past and stopped, exhausted, at the edge of the pavement. He looked a bit distressed but may simply have been out of breath, and didn't seem to want help.

A few moments later I heard a furious, skriking, scolding monologue in a high thin voice. It was coming from the mouth of a boy perhaps two years older, with a music device and an earphone in his ear, cycling up my main road with the first boy sitting on the handlebars of a bike that looked a bit small for either of them. He seemed to be giving the first boy an earful about running away from him.

At the corner of my block, both boys, and another who had appeared out of nowhere, had been pulled by four or five uniformed plod of both genders, who had got out of a marked VW people carrier. As always under those circumstances, everyone seemed to be settling in for a long, directionless dialogue. The boys, especially the first one, seemed in the depths of despair.

Without being very interested, I couldn't help wondering what had happened. Was the bike stolen? Had they done something naughty back up the road? Will being pulled and inconvenienced make them think twice next time?
Cycling nippers pulled - pda
No, as soon as they get their breath back they will claim they have been victimised!

Children have rights, you know :)

Pat