Scratch on roof. Any suggestions to resolve it? - watergate
Hi, I have a scratch on the roof of my Citroen C1. Advice welcome on removing it. Not through to paint only clearcoat.

{Post edited. Please refrain from using CAPS, as this is classed as shouting - thanks}

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 29/07/2009 at 11:40

Scratch on roof. Any suggestions to resolve it? - Halmer
I think that the general consensus is that if you run your finger nail over it and can clearly feel it you will struggle to remove it.

If it is minor, i would polish it a few times with a good quality polish like Autoglym. Buff it each time to see if it is reducing.

Effectively you are are taking off a small layer of the clear paint top coat each time you polish it, until you get down level with the scratch.

I've used this technique to get rid of a number of minor blemishes over the years.
Scratch on roof. Any suggestions to resolve it? - grumpyscot
See www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?f=2&t=77...4
Scratch on roof. Any suggestions to resolve it? - oldtoffee
As per Grumpyscot's link - Meguiars ScratchX does a great job of shrinking a bad scratch and making it far less obvious. Quite expensive but a tube will last years and it will remove all sorts of swirls and blemishes the car picks up.
Scratch on roof. Any suggestions to resolve it? - bintang
If all else fails you could get it removed by Chips Away, but in my expereince they won't charge any less than an orthodox paint shop pro, just be more convenient.