Nokia Sportstracker - BobbyG
Tack, link only works with a sign on!! {Link corrected - it didn't like the closed bracket right at the end of it}

I too was out on my bike today - on holiday I read Mark Beaumonts book about his trip around the world and this inspired me to get the bike out!

Set myself a target of 50 miles as have never done that in one day before and achieved 52.76 according to my wee handlebar computer! Ok some of that was on flat canal pathways.

I am now sitting on couch, having had my cold bath followed by hot bath and shower and every bone in my body is aching not to mention my difficulty in sitting down!!

Your wee gizmo sounds good, my bike thingy tells me the essential stuff I need to know but you can never have enough information...

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 10/07/2009 at 01:33

Nokia Sportstracker - rtj70
And any Nokia smart phone like an N95 will work with this I believe. I have it on my Nokia E51.

Also useful when just walking if you want a GPS log of route etc.
I wonder who might have a N95 ..... :)
Nokia Sportstracker - Pugugly
Blackberry Bold does it with its built in mapping and GPS.
Nokia Sportstracker - rtj70
But the Sportracker application is aimed at sports type tracking like workouts, training diaries, etc. I have other GPS applications on my phone.

Obviously can't comment on the Blackberry applications.
Nokia Sportstracker - Pugugly
Oh Sport - right - shuffles off into the distance clutching his BB.
Nokia Sportstracker - tack
Pug' there is a version called OldSportTracker for download!
Nokia Sportstracker - oldnotbold
I'm in the middle of writing SofaSportTracker - which displays how long you spend sitting watching cricket/rugby/etc, and how many times you get up to go to the fridge for refreshments.

Edited by oldnotbold on 10/07/2009 at 08:47

Tack, well thanks to your recommendation I downloaded this to my Nokia N95 which has an internal GPS and it works a treat! Being a techno gadget freak, it definitely encourages me to cycle more to try and get my figures up!

Can't seem to get calories on it though!! So therefore I am assuming I am burning 1000 calories for every mile.

Well I believe it until someone tells me differently :)
Nokia Sportstracker - tack
Hi Bobby, unfortunately it only measures calories for walking, not for cycling. Other than that, I think it is brilliant.
Nokia Sportstracker - maz64
Tack link only works with a sign on!! {Link corrected - it didn't like the
closed bracket right at the end of it}

You still have to login, or at least I do :-(
Nokia Sportstracker - Brian Tryzers
>Probably overdid it for a 54yr old man with spare tyre...

If it's a spare bicycle tyre, Tack, you're probably not doing too badly.
}:---)
Nokia Sportstracker - theterranaut
Its the business. Dont forget you can upload pictures taken along the way, and it remembers what music you were listening to as well.

Here's a cycle I did at the weekend, first ever on my new Felt :)

sportstracker.nokia.com/nts/workoutdetail/index.do...9

tt

btw- Tack- you'll need to make that ride public in order for others to see it.

Edited by theterranaut on 23/07/2009 at 14:59

Impressive run terranaut!

I am just raging that Tack posted this the day after I had done a 52 mile run from Motherwell -Airdrie-Kilsyth-Canal-Falkirk Wheel-Canal-Bathgate-Harthill-Motherwell!!

So for now my workouts are full of 12 miles to and from work rides!!