99 1.6 Electric windows osf failure - Ernest
Is there an easy way to determine if its the electronics or the motor? In addition I assume its not possible to remove the nsf and use it instead?
99 1.6 Electric windows osf failure - track
depends on the motor itself, some only have a 2 pin wire to the actual motor which you can just put power across directly. This should then show if its switch or motor. If its a multiplug usually is when one touch windows are installed you need to watch for voltage changes on each wire when the button is pressed. Bit time consuming as you need to do each wire one by one but not overly difficult.
Switches are a common fault in the primera though
99 1.6 Electric windows osf failure - dagenham car center
pu your ear next to the door and listen,while operating window,if you can hear crunching noises going on then its the wires broken on regulater.
you cant use the n/s/f one,its diferent.
if you cant hear anything its electrical and will have to chased,either wire or switch.
2nd hand ones are easily available,where are you let me know and ill find the nearest breakers.
99 1.6 Electric windows osf failure - bell boy
Im surprised if its the motor
Nifty little trick try the window with the door open in different positions to rule out the wiring in the rubber gromit
The door card comes off very easily on these by the way,it looks complicated but wasnt when i had to swap a mirror on mine