Omega rubbing - smokie
No, it isn't a new pasttime.

Having seen a Omega rattle thread reminded me of an irritant with my '98 45k Omega MV6 which someone may have come across.

When cornering at low low speeds (e.g. 90 degrees onto my front drive) and probably applying a little brake, there is a momentary rubbing noise - bit like a chair being scraped over a wooden floor - from the rear - hard to tell which side. I suppose it probably also coincides with the bounce down the camber and over the pavement, but I get it sometimes on flat roads too, again probably coinciding with one side of the car dipping.

The obvious would be the mud flaps grounding - but inspection of the under-edge shows no clear sign of contact with the tarmac. So although it COULD be them I just wondered if anyone had any other quick things I could check. It's always done it btw, since I bought it at 22k.
Omega rubbing - Dizzy {P}
Could it be the mudflap rubbing against the tyre (rather than the ground) as I posted recently in regard to my daughter's Peugeot 106? In that case, the mudflap seemed well clear of the tyre when static but suspension movement on relatively gentle cornering led to the two coming into contact.
Omega rubbing - svpworld
I've had exactly the same in my Omega GLS, that's only got 195 tyres on so I knew it couldnt be the arches rubbing. I do have mudflaps though so they are an obvious culprit! It usually only happens when I turn into a sharp corner that slopes up.

Simon

It usually only happens when I turn into
a sharp corner that slopes up.

The extra loading on the inside rear suspension "grounding" the mudflap perhaps?

Chad.R
Omega rubbing - Crombster
mudflaps? didnt realise they were part of the MV6's sports pack!
Omega rubbing - robert
Hi,

Mudflaps! With 17" 235's? Take them off for a day - see if the problem goes away......

Worth a try.

Regards ........ Robert
Omega rubbing - smokie
Now why didn't I think of that. Something to try over the w/e.