1999 1.4 key fob - banter
i have had a new battery put in the key fob and still does not work would be greatful for any help, also could you let me know what kind of miles to gallon i should be getting, the car has done less than 70k thankyou
1999 1.4 key fob - Dynamic Dave
If it's the infra-red type keyfob, then point it at a digital camera while pressing the buttons. If working, you'll see flashing on the screen. Alternately hold it close to a radio tuned to an empty station on AM and you should here bleeps or bips coming out the speaker if working.
thanks dave, there is no indicator light on it, does this mean use the radio test?
1999 1.4 key fob - Dynamic Dave
If there is no 'LED' on the fob (it looks like the one on 99.9% of household remote control devices) , then it's not an infra-red type. No, you won't be able to test it against an AM radio either.
1999 1.4 key fob - Paul G1pdc
HI.
i used to own a m reg 306 (mark1) 1.4 xl
i never ever got less than 45mpg from the car (was owned from 20-50k)
the car wasn't fitted with any "goodies" ie had no power steering and no electric windows etc etc....
with my remote control key I also had an issue, and it was the pcb (printed circuit board) inside the key fob bending, the pcb is supported at the edges with plastic pillars but the button for the remote is mounted in the middle and over time the board starts to bend....
cheap fix fold a small peice of paper until it makes a nice little wedge and pop that under the pcb...
job done....
paul.
(p.s keep your eye on the top and bottom rad hose on the 1.4 the rubber hose bends through 90 degs and lets go on the bend. i had 2 go....
spotted whilst carrying out weekly washes and quick checks under the bonnet....i had pin holes in the pipe...with fine jets of coolant coming out....friends also had problems but again found before letting go big time....
thanks paul great help john