Oil wells refilling? Never! - Alwyn
How many of you know that, far from running out of oil and gas, there are some who are now saying that oil wells which had thought to be nearly pumped dry have been refilling........from below!

Feature here. people.cornell.edu/pages/tg21/recharging/
Oil wells refilling? Never! - Andrew Hamilton
Wish the North Sea oil wells were! UK needs the tax revenue.
Oil wells refilling? Never! - The Watcher
I thought it was common knowledge that even after a well is officially 'dry,' that there is upto two thirds of the oil still in the ground but we don't have the technoclogy to get it out!

Don't ask me why but I know they use pressure to get what they can out but that is only so good.
Oil wells refilling? Never! - Alwyn
Wotcha Watcher,

This goes further than just oil left behind.

They are saying that wells are re-filling with more oil which is produced down deep, and not as we have thus far thought, from rotting vegetation and dead animals.
Oil wells refilling? Never! - BrianW
I am not a chemist or geologist, but the sheer volume of oil being produced, something in the order of over ten million barrels a day, makes the volume of biomass required to have laid that down to be unimaginable, even allowing for the age of the earth.
Maybe there is another process at work.
Oil wells refilling? Never! - Toad, of Toad Hall.
All those years I was dumping my old oil in the stinging nettles at the bottom of my garden.

It must have all filtered back into the system. Great news!

--
Parp, Parp!
Note: All Toad posts come with an implied smiley.
Oil wells refilling? Never! - terryb
.....but it never did kill the bl**dy nettles did it Toad :o)
Terry
.....but it never did kill the bl**dy nettles did it Toad
:o)

Not it **oo** didn't!

Warnings all over the can not to bung it in your garden, then when you do it it does no visible damage at all!

**oo** nanny state.

I need one of them Nuclear powered cars. I'd like to see the nettles cope with a bucket load of depleted uranium chucked on 'em twice a year....

--
Parp, Parp!
Oil wells refilling? Never! - Richard Hall
I love the idea of a nuclear powered car. No doubt the manufacturers will try to make life difficult for DIY mechanics such as myself (special fasteners to secure the reactor cover) but it shouldn't be too long before Sykes Pickavant start selling the appropriate tools, and then I can put a page on my website covering DIY reactor overhaul, and showing how to repair radioactive coolant leaks using Araldite and scrap lead from old car batteries. Max Power will be full of adverts for uprated high power fuel rods (with purple anodised finish), Peugeot reactors will occasionally blow large holes in the casing (which Peugeot will insist is not caused by a manufacturing defect) and Fiat will make reactors that don't always work when it rains.

Richard Hall
bangernomics.tripod.com
Oil wells refilling? Never! - BrianW
.....but it never did kill the bl**dy nettles did it Toad
:o)
Terry

Not until he followed it up with a match ! ;-0))
>> .....but it never did kill the bl**dy nettles did it
Toad
>> :o)
>> Terry
Not until he followed it up with a match !
;-0))

Hmmmm. If I launched a terrorist attack on the US from my nettle patch do you reckon Bush would take out the lot with an ICBM?

--
Parp, Parp!
Oil wells refilling? Never! - Dwight Van Driver
Gawd's sake Toad don't brag.
George William Bush is after oil so you could be next on the list after Sadam.
Head down and under a stone quick.

DVD
Richard: LOL! I've got some thick rubber gloves that would be just the thing.

DVD: Hmmmmm. I'm relying on you. If bush nuked West Sussex you'd have a field day. Illegal possesion of a firearm. Numerous Public Order offences, Littering, Conspiracy to Interupt the Watersupply, Offences Contravening the Endangered Wildlife Act 1976 (Toads), Obstructing the Highway, Unlicensed detonating a 42,000 killaton bomb. That's before you'd used the lead filled hosepipe to illicit a confession to the Rape of Lucretia, the Crucifixion of Christ and the murder of the princes in the tower.

--
Parp, Parp!
Oil wells refilling? Never! - Mark (RLBS)
Motoring. Motoring. Motoring.

How many times do I have to say this.

Motoring. Motoring.

It doesn't even have to be a strong link to Motoring, but *some* kind of link please.