Beautiful cars on film - gordonbennet
And i don't mean the tear em up type of film where young chav types go blasting sideways round the streets of Tokyo looking cool and mean either.

My lovely stepdaughter bought me a lovely Christmas present.
I'd been trying for ages to get the 70's series ''The Winds of War'' on DVD, well the beautiful girl found it and bought it for me.
I also managed thanks to her to find a week later ''War and Remembrance'' which was filmed some 6 years later, some 40 hours long altogether, they don't make em like that anymore, more's the pity. (they have all been released fairly recently it seems)

Anyway i enjoyed the series' when they were released and its an emotional experience to see them again, some of the scene's are harrowing and IMO this series should be aired again.
Alright its an American view of the time of the Second World War, but its a truly classic portrayal of a time.

But to the BR point, the second and third epics especially features some of the finest cars ever made and filmed in excellent quality in very realistic settings as to their point in history.

I got to thinking of which films show the finest of automobile history in their true time scenarios, not imaginary eccentrics running round in 40 year old cars set in the present day.
I'll name one, but its not really a film, the Poirot series which the marvellous David Suchet has made his own.

Beautiful cars on film - Spospe
I like 'Day of the Jackal' with the opening scenes of De Gaulle being shot at in his Citroen DS.
Beautiful cars on film - 1400ted
More documentary, any series about the Third Reich usually has some incredible Mercedes 6 wheelers with twin sidemounts. Would be worth a fortune now.
Ted