Touran2.0d v Verso 2.2d - which one ? - jag
looking at mpvs, touran 2.0 diesel se against verso 2.2 diesel sr. £1390 difference to swop the bora in favour of the verso. more toys on the verso but the touran looks more practical and has deeper windows. resale values at present favour the touran.
anybody got experience of either/both. tia, jag.

Edited by Pugugly on 24/01/2009 at 18:09

touran v verso - Altea Ego
the touran is big, very very practical, comfortable, good ride, handles better it has a right to and in SE form has all the toys you need. Has the aerodynamics of a brick, is pig ugly, boring, and mine was the most unreliable car I have had since one of BLs finest in 1983.
touran v verso - DP
Sadly, the two people we know who've owned Tourans had similar reliability experiences to AE, and wouldn't buy another.

Cheers
DP
Touran 2.0d v Verso 2.2d - which one ? - Avant
There's not a great deal in it. I looked at both in 2007 although finally went for a Golf 2.0TDI estate (totally reliable so far, as were a previous Golf and an Audi - but there's no doubt about it, the chances of getting a good one are higher with Japanese than with most European cars).

The Touran is a little less wallowy than the Verso, and much better rear visibility - the Verso is needlessly bad in this (to me) important respect. I can't remember if there's any difference in the layout of the rear seats: the Verso's tonneau cover is very fiddly.

There's another thread somewhere about the Verso, where Will de Beest who owns one made some very balanced observations, generally pro rather than anti.

Test drive both and see which you like: if you like both than the price difference will probably settle it. There are more good Toyota dealers around than VW.

Edited by Pugugly on 24/01/2009 at 19:14

Touran 2.0d v Verso 2.2d - which one ? - Altea Ego
>the Verso's tonneau cover is very fiddly.

the Touran's is commendably easy and practical. As is the +2 seats folding machanism.

It means however there is NO boot room with the +2's up, +access is poor, and it has no spare wheel in 5+2 trim.

Edited by Pugugly on 24/01/2009 at 19:13

Touran 2.0d v Verso 2.2d - which one ? - BobbyG
Friend just traded their Touran in for a Verso.
Liked Touran but apparently there is a new one due out some time after summer so didn't see the point in buying a new "old shape" one just now.

On the other hand, it may mean the Tourans just now will be loaded up with extra kit to clear stock?
Touran 2.0d v Verso 2.2d - which one ? - Alanovich
We're on our second Touran now, had first one from new for four years and 50k miles witout much trouble (one steering knock needed fixing out of warranty, nothing happened in warranty). 'Twas a 1.9TDi S manual and we loved it. Hugely practical and cheap to run.

Just bought our second one new in November and went for the 2.0 this time in SE spec with DSG gearbox. What a fabulous car. Exactly like HJ's road test says, if you want a 7 seat sports car, this is it. By a country mile the best car I've ever owned. If you're in south central England, I can recommend the VW dealer in Reading.
Touran 2.0d v Verso 2.2d - which one ? - jag
tested the verso 2.2sr diesel today. a good drive, firm ride, not noisy, lacks the serious grunt of the 2.0 touran but still plenty of go. less practical than the touran, was pleasantly surprised. hoping to have a short refresher drive in the touran on wednesday. fair enough deals on both but forget about dealers giving them away up here ( ne scotland ) still too much oil money going around. jag.
have gone for the touran 2.0pd se. 3k off plus mudflaps, spacesaver spare, full tank, and convenience pack. had to pay for park sensors and gap ins, service pack.
took delivery last week in a snowstorm. the practicality was the deciding factor.
worked out about £900 more to swop than the verso. jag.
Touran 2.0d v Verso 2.2d - which one ? - Dr Rubber
Now you have taken the plunge, have a look at www.clubtouran.net for further tips and hints. Enjoy the Touran, they are generally fine, its the dealers that can let them down :-(
Joe
Touran 2.0d v Verso 2.2d - which one ? - Zippy123
Swmbo has a Touran. Loves it. Handles well. Gears are a bit clunky especially when changing down to 1st.

Ensure you let the turbo cool before turning the engine off.
thanks for advice & comments. dealer is good, son works there as a van technician so aware of turbo probs and iv'e been driving turbo diesels for over 30yrs, never had one go yet but there is always a first time. as reported it is a good drive. thanks, jag.